Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favorite recipe given to me by my best friend. It makes an impressive looking dish and it's also really, good. We always serve it at holidays. It's easily adjusted to serve more people.
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 large purple onion
- salt and pepper
- Put walnut halves on a cookie sheet and roast them in a 300 degree oven until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut the ends off the green beans and remove any strings.
- Place the green beans in a saucepan with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until just tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Put olive oil into a large skillet and saute bell pepper which has been cut into narrow strips& onion which is cut into thin rings.
- Add garlic to oil mixture.
- Put drained green beans into oil mixture and stir until heated through.
- Add salt& pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, stir roasted walnut halves into the green bean mixture.
- Dish up into a serving bowl or platter and enjoy!
We weren't wild about this.