Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very tasty dish!
Make and share this Company Crab Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour milk over bread crumbs to soften; add remaining ingredients except eggs.
- Stir in eggs.
- Pour mixture into a well-greased loaf pan or a 6x8 inch casserole.
- Set the dish in a container of hot water and bake for about 45 minutes or until an inserted knife come out clean.
Nice recipe, very easy and fast. I skipped the green pepper (not a fan) and added some fresh mushrooms that I sauteed in a small amount of sherry until the sherry evaporated. Gave a great flavor. Also added a dash of hot sauce.
Really delicious, Bev. Made with Imitation Crab--excellent! My only suggestion is maybe a sprinkle of sliced almonds on top; otherwise, no changes.Thanks for posting. Made for Unreviewed tag game.