1/5 Photos of Comforting Cauliflower Soup
From Australian Women's Weekly. Serve this with cheese and bacon toasts. Yummy! Soup can be made a few days ahead and frozen. Reheat in microwave. To make the soup even yummier, I would suggest that you fry 1 slice of bacon and chop it up. Then using the reserved bacon grease, saute the onions, garlic and chopped bacon as stated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 50 g onions, chopped coarsely (1 small onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100 g potatoes, chopped finely (equiv to 1 medium potato)
- 300 g cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, coarsely chopped
- 1Heat oil in a skillet.
- 2Cook onion and garlic, stirring, until soft.
- 3Add potato, cauliflower, stock and water.
- 4Bring mixture to boil.
- 5Let simmer, covered, for about 10mins, until vegetables are very soft.
- 6Using a hand-held blender (or you may transfer the mixture to the blender container), process the mixture until smooth.
- 7Stir soup gently over low heat for a minute or two.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Garnish with fresh chives or parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comforting Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (4571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1153.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1319.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 224.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 86.6 g
- Sugars 82.8 g
- Protein 85.4 g