Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Australian Women's Weekly. Serve this with cheese and bacon toasts. Yummy! Soup can be made a few days ahead and frozen. Reheat in microwave. To make the soup even yummier, I would suggest that you fry 1 slice of bacon and chop it up. Then using the reserved bacon grease, saute the onions, garlic and chopped bacon as stated.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 50 g onions, chopped coarsely (1 small onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100 g potatoes, chopped finely (equiv to 1 medium potato)
- 300 g cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic, stirring, until soft.
- Add potato, cauliflower, stock and water.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Let simmer, covered, for about 10mins, until vegetables are very soft.
- Using a hand-held blender (or you may transfer the mixture to the blender container), process the mixture until smooth.
- Stir soup gently over low heat for a minute or two.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chives or parsley before serving.
Easy recipe, great tasting. Used chicken stock, carrots & 1 cup of milk. Processed till smooth. Thank you WaterMelon.
Very delish!!! We doubled the broth and water because our cauliflower was fairly large and we used 2 potatoes plus leeks from our garden instead of onion.
I love this soup! I've made it three times because it's so quick, healthy and tasty! I added some broccoli this last time and it's tasty that way too!