Creamy Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Put cauliflower and onion soup mix in pot and cover with cold water, Bring to boil and simmer till softened, about 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is simmering, melt butter in a micro proof bowl and stir in flour add milk and stir.
- When cauliflower is soft blend in blender with the white sauce to puree.
- Making sure to use all the liquid.
- Put back into stock pot and add cheeses stirring to melt.
- Add seasonings.
- Add more water or milk to thin if needed simmer 5 more minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.
Very nice soup - DH especially loved it. I made a few changes: chili powder instead of paprika (ran out) and mustard powder for the curry (made curry yesterday, didn't want a repeat of flavor). I added a chopped onion and a handful of chopped carrots. I also wasn't crazy about the onion soup mix-y taste, but on the whole this was a keeper! Oh, I used my handy-dandy wand blender too.
This soup was delicious, easy, and quick to make. By pureeing the ingredients with my wand immersion blender I am able to disguise vegetables (cauliflower and onions) that my dear ones would otherwise refuse. The only change I made to this hearty, nutritious soup was to use smoked paprika instead of regular, and since the soup was such a hit, I will continue to make it with that variation. Thank you for submitting this recipe.