Cheesy Cauliflower Soup With Roasted Cashew Nuts
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 25 g butter
- 80 g cashew nuts, roughtly chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 medium cauliflower, divided into florets
- 850 ml vegetable stock
- 115 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt the butter in a large lidded saucepan and brown the chopped cashew nuts for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and potato, cover and sweat for 10 mins, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower and stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins or until the cauliflower is tender.
- remove from heat and blend in the cheese, allow to cool slightly.
- Blend half of the mixture and then stir this through the rest of the soup so that you can actually see pieces of cauliflower and nut.
- reheat very gently without boiling so as not to toughen the cheese.
- check seasoning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This really was a very simple soup.I liked the fact that half of it got pureed to help thicken it but that you still had the texture from the other half.Not one flavour overpowered another,which made for a very tasty and interesting dish.The cashews were a lovely addition,which we really enjoyed. A simple and delicious soup recipe.Thanks for posting.Made for Newest ZaarTag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, thought I should update this page a wee bit now we have a new furbaby called Bismila as well as our beloved Maddie who is the star of the photo. I live with my husband Keir in the North East of Scotland between Inverness and Aberdeen, it is very beautiful here. My DH is a keen salmon fisherman and is in the right place to do this! I ran my own pubs and restaurants for many years until arthritis made catering just too much for me, I am 'semi' retired now and can't seem to drag myself away from this site. I have met some wonderful people here and made good friends for which I am eternally grateful. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/9dcd2f11.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/Recipezaar/goldsparkle.png" border="0" alt="Made by Bella14ragazza"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/Purple-Swap-AM-Banner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/saltpepper_amtag.jpg" border="0" alt="Salt and Pepper"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/Halloween/4811_180750-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">