4 hrs 45 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
I get a lot of requests for this pretty and flavorful pasta salad. I like lighter dressing, so if you like more, you may want to increase the oil and vinegar. I haven't gotten any complaints about this though - only compliments! :) I use dry, tri-color tortellini, but you can use refrigerated tortellini or whatever pasta you like. I think fresh herbs and fresh parmesan cheese (not the powdered stuff in the can!) make a big difference in this recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but I think fresh broccoli would also be nice in this. This recipe makes a ton, so it is great for larger gatherings. The number of servings is a guess!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces cheese-filled egg tortellini
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- 2When making any pasta salad, I prefer to under cook it by a minute or two so that it is a bit more firm, but this is up to you.
- 3Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- 4Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and hot sauce in a medium bowl or large measuring cup.
- 5Combine peppers, onion, and olives in a very large bowl.
- 6Gently stir in tortellini.
- 7Pour dressing over salad and lightly toss to coat pasta and vegetables.
- 8Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least four hours.
- 9Just before serving, sprinkle the cheeses on top.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorful Tortellini Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 287.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar