Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
An original from Bobby Flay.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I have found that with coleslaw the longer it sits the better the taste. This was made
first thing in the morning and sat in the fridge all day. Red onion replaced yellow along with fresh sour cream from a local dairy. Mmm! Thanks for posting. Reviewed for Veg Tag February.
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (good quality, such as Hellman's or Best)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Spanish onions, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt, kosher (check for taste, might need more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper, coarse grind
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture.
- Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired.
- Let sit for at least 1-2 hours prior to serving.