Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
A recipe from the issue of January 2007 of Coup de pouce. This is a recipe that is not expensive. And a few ingredients required.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (7 g) packet unflavored gelatin
- 300 ml Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crusts
- chocolate, grated (obtional)
- In a small bowl, mix coffee and water. Sprinkle with gelatine and let soften 5 minutes. Cook in microwave for about 15 seconds. Stir and repeat the same step, if needed, until gelatine has completely melted and coffee is dissolve. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix eagle brand and gelatine mixture. With a spatula, add the cool whip to the cool whip mixture by folding delicately. Pour the mixture in the graham crust and put in the fridge for 45 minutes or until the filling is set. Sprinkle with chocolate if wanted.
Loved how quickly I could put this together. Will put in my Make Something Quick folder. Made for Everyday Holiday
This was a very quick and easy dessert. The coffee and gelatin must be completely dissolved before the condensed milk is poured in or there will be lumps. This was a hit with my boys. Made for Photo Tag.