Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have made this a few times and I think all the flavours work together really well and it is very yummy fish curry recipe. The great thing with this recipe is you can use whatever you have on hand, I have listed ingredients below but feel free to change any of them for your favourite seafood, you can make it different every time, trying different combo's.
- 300 -350 g firm white fish fillets, cut into pieces (I used halibut, but cod, perch, bass any are fine.)
- 8 scallops (allows for 2 per person.)
- 12 squid rings (allows for 3 per person.)
- 12 -16 prawns, shelled, deveined (3-4 per person I buy medium to largish size prawns.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sambal oelek (I heap my spoonfuls, but adjust for desired taste.)
- 400 ml coconut cream (I use Kara brand I really like the flavour.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 50 ml pineapple juice
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion, garlic and ginger, cook until onion softens.
- Stir in spices, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick and sambal oelek, stir until fragrant.
- Add coconut cream, stir until well combined.
- NOTE: The kara brand is quite a thick coconut cream, if my sauce thickens up to much I add a little extra light cream or milk. I haven't mentioned, adding cornflour to thicken for this reason, but I also know some brands can be quite watery, so you may want to thicken some more, if this is the case.
- Add sugar and juice, stir until mixed.
- Add all the seafood and cook covered about 5-10 Min's or until seafood is cooked through. Cooking times will vary according to what seafood you choose to use in this, so I can't give you an exact time.
- I served mine over sweet potato mash, but it is also good over rice as well.