1/1 Photo of Coconut Seafood Curry
The Flying Chef's Note:
I have made this a few times and I think all the flavours work together really well and it is very yummy fish curry recipe. The great thing with this recipe is you can use whatever you have on hand, I have listed ingredients below but feel free to change any of them for your favourite seafood, you can make it different every time, trying different combo's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 -350 g firm white fish fillets, cut into pieces (I used halibut, but cod, perch, bass any are fine.)
- 8 scallops (allows for 2 per person.)
- 12 squid rings (allows for 3 per person.)
- 12 -16 prawns, shelled, deveined (3-4 per person I buy medium to largish size prawns.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sambal oelek (I heap my spoonfuls, but adjust for desired taste.)
- 400 ml coconut cream (I use Kara brand I really like the flavour.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 50 ml pineapple juice
- 1Heat oil in a large pan, add onion, garlic and ginger, cook until onion softens.
- 2Stir in spices, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick and sambal oelek, stir until fragrant.
- 3Add coconut cream, stir until well combined.
- 4NOTE: The kara brand is quite a thick coconut cream, if my sauce thickens up to much I add a little extra light cream or milk. I haven't mentioned, adding cornflour to thicken for this reason, but I also know some brands can be quite watery, so you may want to thicken some more, if this is the case.
- 5Add sugar and juice, stir until mixed.
- 6Add all the seafood and cook covered about 5-10 Min's or until seafood is cooked through. Cooking times will vary according to what seafood you choose to use in this, so I can't give you an exact time.
- 7I served mine over sweet potato mash, but it is also good over rice as well.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Seafood Curry
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.1
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 321.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 67.1 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: