- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Melt butter over low heat;then remove.
- Add 2 c sugar. Beat.
- Add eggs an vailla. Blend.
- Add flour;cocoa;and salt. Mix.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour into greased 13 by 9" pan.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- The coconut in this recipe makes them nice and moist.
- Enjoy! You'll get lots of compliments on this one. I hope you love these!