Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coconut in Brownies
Make and share this Coconut Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Melt butter over low heat;then remove.
- Add 2 c sugar. Beat.
- Add eggs an vailla. Blend.
- Add flour;cocoa;and salt. Mix.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour into greased 13 by 9" pan.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- The coconut in this recipe makes them nice and moist.
- Enjoy! You'll get lots of compliments on this one. I hope you love these!
the best recipe for brownies I have ever found.
These are great and always get rave reviews. I generally use part vanilla and part coconut extract for a bit of an additional coconut kick. I also use light butter (and generally skip the nuts) to keep the calories down a smidge and that's worked just fine.
These are very, very, very good. I substituted splenda, guess I'll take my chances with cancer rather than obesity. I am amazed about the comments re: cooking time. I didn't think enough batter for a 9 X 13 so used a 12 X 7, set at 325 instead of 350. I always back off the temp as it seems to cook more evenly and prevents the ends from becoming too done. Only did for 21 minutes but then, all ovens are different. Mine came out perfectly. As another reviewer mentioned, eliminate 1 step, can't make a whole lot of difference in taste.so just added walnuts to batter. I do like the suggestion that you add coconut extract, that should amp it up. Also, wish I had unsweetened coconut, less calories & probably doesn't make that much of a difference. OK, Sheba, throwing away my old recipe and using yours., Thanks!