Recipe by Susie T
A delicious, melt-in-the-mouth slice. Perfect for when you're expecting someone special.
Top Review by Fairy Nuff
This tasted great Susie-it would have been 5 stars except the base was just a bit too crumbly-next time I might reduce the amount of biscuits to 200gms.I found the jam a bit difficult to spread so I warmed it up in the microwave.A lovely slice,thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (250 g) packetsweet biscuits
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 60 g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 30 x 20 x 3 cm baking tin, and line with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- For the base, place biscuits into a food processor and process to fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the crumbs and process until combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the base of the tin using the back of a spoon.
- Spread the base with the raspberry jam.
- For the topping, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until fluffy.
- Add the egg and fold in the coconut and flour.
- Sprinkle over the jam but careful not to press the topping onto the base.
- (It just looks better when baked) Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature then chill overnight.