photo by Meenakshi P.
- Ready In:
- · Cream butter and sugar, then add golden syrup then egg.
- · Mix in dry ingredients.
- · Roll out half of the mixture to cover the base of a 18 x 23cm slice tin.
- · Spread with raspberry and jam and then cover with the other half of the mixture rolled to fit (this patches really well).
- · Bake at 180c for 20 minutes.
- For the icing, mix together the butter and icing sugar with enough hot water to make a smooth icing. You can add a couple of drops of raspberry essence, and sprinkle the top with pink jelly crystals.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this in the weekend...DH now worships the ground you walk on, Czarina...lol. Me and rolling out pastry DO NOT get along too well, so after step one and two, I lightly crumbled the remaining mix over the top of the jam and sort of patted it down. The top layer spread out during cooking and looked quite OK when it came out of the oven. Iced it with raspberry flavoured icing, sprinkled jelly crystals over the icing...and TAAA DAAAAA...Belgium Heaven. thankyou for sharing this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a currently unemployed student living in Christchurch, New Zealand. In my spare time, which I have a lot of, I like biking, going to the gym, knitting, sewing, anything crafty basically, and of course cooking and baking! I have a biggg passion for animals, especially dogs and cats. I have one russian blue cat called Jessica and I have my heart set on getting a cute bichon frise whenever I can afford to. One of my biggest pet peeves, when it comes to cooking and food, are people who are afraid to try something new.