Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the recipe you have been looking for. Spicy and hearty Tortilla Soup.
- 2 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1⁄2 red onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 3 fresh chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 bunch green onion (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon dried epazote (if you can find it)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (leaves only)
- 20 mexican key limes, juice of (or 10 regular limes)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- oaxaca cheese (shredded) or monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- crunch corn tortilla strips
- Render the bacon until lightly crispy. Add red onion, garlic, celery, and seasonings. cook on low med-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add Chicken Broth and remaining ingredients. Cook on high heat until reaches a boil. Simmer for about one hour.
- Serve in bowls and top with garnishes.