Rolled oats in a sweet cookie dough make this drop cookie wholesome but indulgent. No wonder it is an all time pleaser
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine butter and shortening; beat on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon (if using) and salt until blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add flour until blended. Add in oats.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2-inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until tops are golden. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack;let cool.
- To store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.