Prep 40 mins
Cook 7 mins
Rolled oats in a sweet cookie dough make this drop cookie wholesome but indulgent. No wonder it is an all time pleaser
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine butter and shortening; beat on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon (if using) and salt until blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add flour until blended. Add in oats.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2-inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until tops are golden. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack;let cool.
- To store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
These cookies are fabulous! I used quick cooking oats and they turned out just perfectly. I also included the cinnamon - to me, a must have because it adds just the right touch to oatmeal. I will absolutely be making these again! The one reviewer who said that they spread out like crazy must have measured something incorrectly because they were very easy to handle and kept their shape. Using my cookie dough scoop, these made 40 cookies. Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2011. Thanks Nurse_Corie! :)
I teach home and thought this looked simple enough, but every batch spread like crazy and the didn't come off the baking sheet well
My dh loved these, said he liked them better than mine, boohoo. so guess these are a keeper as well. also easy to make