- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in another bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Combine egg with sour cream mixture, add cinnamon.
- Gently stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- IMPORTANT: knead dough briefly, no more than 10 times.
- Divide dough into two, place on baking sheet and pat into 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut each round into 6 wedge-shaped pieces.
- Move scones so they are not touching (at least 3 inches), dust with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.