Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love these scones!! Great for breakfast or anytime ..
Make and share this Cinnamon scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in another bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Combine egg with sour cream mixture, add cinnamon.
- Gently stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- IMPORTANT: knead dough briefly, no more than 10 times.
- Divide dough into two, place on baking sheet and pat into 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut each round into 6 wedge-shaped pieces.
- Move scones so they are not touching (at least 3 inches), dust with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Mmmmm...These were great! The only change I made is in stead of a cup of butter, I cut in 1/2 cup butter and added 1/2 cup apple sauce with the wet ingredients.
This is my favorite scone recipe of all time!
A few suggestions:
- If you use parchment paper under them, they will turn a nice, even, light brown
- Mix the butter into the flour mixture with your fingers. It takes a little longer, but it's worth it. I've tried using a pastry blender and a cuisinart, but neither method worked as well.
- You can get terrific mini cinnamon chips year round at www.preparedpantry.com. I got good results by mixing them into the flour/butter mixture before adding the sour cream.
- I divided one batch into four 5" circles and cut them into 6 wedges each. They took about 18-19 min.
- I like to brush scones with cream or milk, and then sprinkle them with turbinado sugar before baking. On a whim I tried brushing them with coconut milk the last time, and it worked pretty well.
- Don't overcook them. They come out of the oven very soft, but they will firm up after they cool.
Thank you Najwa for posting this recipe.
These scones were awesome! I used all 4 teaspoons of cinnamon ~ we are real cinnamon lovers. They were perfect! I made 16 scones right before bed and the next time I looked the kids had polished off 6 of them. The rest were gone at breakfast. We will definately be making these often. Thanks so much for sharing.