- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 cups pecan pieces
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast (regular or rapid-rise)
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 cups milk, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 5 -6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pans: Use non-stick spray to coat the sides of 2 13x9" baking pans.
- Combine brown sugar, melted butter and corn syrup.
- Spread in bottom of pans.
- Sprinkle each pan with half the nuts.
- Prepare filling: Combine the 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon; blend well; set aside.
- Prepare dough: Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in milk, 1/3 cup sugar, oil, baking powder, salt, egg and 2-3 cups flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until double.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll one half into rectangle 12 by 10-inch.
- Spread with 2 tablespoons soft butter.
- Sprinkle with half the filling mixture.
- Roll dough, beginning at the long edge.
- Pinch the edge of the dough to seal the roll.
- Cut into 16 slices.
- Place in pan allowing a small space between slices.
- Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Cover the pans (the new non-stick foil is perfect).
- Refrigerate at least 12 but not more than 48 hours.
- (If you want, you can let them rise until doubled, and bake immediately, following directions below.) Heat the oven to 350º.
- Remove foil from pans.
- Bake until golden, about 30-35 minutes.
- Immediately flip the pans over onto a foil-covered surface (non-stick foil recommended here, too).