1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
The flavor of a cinnamon roll and the ease of a coffee cake! A friend emailed me this recipe, which she got from a message board. This is quick to put together, super moist and simply delicious. It is different than many coffee cakes out there and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! The original baking time I was given was 50-60 minutes. Mine was done in 40 minutes, so I changed the baking time on it. If yours takes longer than what I have stated, I guess it was just my oven. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; coat a 9" pan with nonstick spray.
- 2Stir together brown sugar, cream, and pinch of salt for the caramel. Pour into prepared pan and spread to coat the bottom. Sprinkle pecans over the caramel.
- 3Process brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoons salt for the streusel in a food processor. Pulse until small clumps form; set aside. If you don't have a food processor, do it by hand.
- 4Whisk buttermilk, yogurt, and eggs together.
- 5Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and 1/2 teaspoons salt together.
- 6Cream butter and sugar with a mixer just until combined.
- 7Alternately add dry and wet ingredients, starting and ending with the dry. Blend each addition just until incorporated.
- 8Spread half the batter over the caramel, then sprinkle with half the streusel. Carefully spread remaining batter over that and top with remaining streusel.
- 9Bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake for 5 minutes on a rack, then run a paring knife around the sides to loosen. Invert onto a serving platter while hot, then let cool slightly before slicing.
- 10The top is a little sticky, so use a sharp thin bladed knife to cut.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.1
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.6 mg
- Sodium 352.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g