Recipe by yooper
I found this recipe on the back of a pacage of Hershey's Cinnamon Chips! This is an easy and wonderful coffee cake!
Top Review by eyelov2cook
Hi, just made this cake for a group event. Upped the applesauce to 1 cup, used half light brown and white sugars, added cinnamon, baked in a Bundt pan for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Rave reviews, none left, perfect w/coffee, tea or milk. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in applesauce.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt-gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in cinnamon chips and pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Drizzle with glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar.