Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat sugar and eggs until light and well blended. Add oil, continuing to beat.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend into egg mixture.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Pour into well greased 9 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes.
- Let cake stand in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn out on rack to cool.
- Icing may be tinted very light orange and topped with curls of shaved sweet baking chocolate if desired.
I would just drizzle the frosting on the cake,like a glaze. The cake is so good and moist it doesn't need to be totally covered in frosting.
This was very very easy to put together and was enjoyed by all! It was very moist. DS ate 2 pieces and was begging for another. I drizzled cream cheese frosting on top only because I didnt have have cream cheese. I will be making this often this fall!! Thank you for posting!
Another high rating for a great cake. I baked it for my roomates birthday and used one third of the batter to add cocoa (1/4 cup) to and spooned it into the bundt pan alternately with the regular batter... (she loves pumpkin but also likes chocolate cake) Anyways, I didnt have cream cheese so i just bought a betty crocker tub of it and tinted it orange and shaved chocolate on top. Gorgeous cake- it was gone in a day and I will save the recipe for the future. Thanks!!