2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe I found in Cooking Light. Besides being an awesome tasting chili, I really like this recipe because it uses stew meat instead of ground beef. It was very chunky and not overly spicy, a great recipe. The only thing that I did differently was to completely cook up the beef at the beginning and then I just cooked it for 10 to 15 minutes until it was heated at the end instead of simmering it for 1 1/2 hours as directed. Very good chili!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup cabernet sauvignon wine or 2/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can hot chili beans
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- 2Sprinkle beef with salt.
- 3Add half of beef to pan; saute 8 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and repeat procedure with remaining beef.
- 4Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, onion, and bell pepper to pan; saute 3 minutes.
- 5Add garlic and jalapeno; saute 1 minute.
- 6Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; return beef to pan.
- 7Stir in sugar and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 8Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Two-Bean & Beef Chili
Serving Size: 1 (2886 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 618.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 39.5 g