Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
If you like pecan pie you'll love these pecan pie bars with chocolate! Easy to make and easy to dissappear! RS: VeryBestBaking
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (1 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups nestle toll house semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- FOR CRUST:.
- BEAT flour, butter and brown sugar in small mixer bowl until crumbly. Press into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- FOR FILLING:.
- BEAT eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir in chunks and nuts. Pour evenly over baked crust.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.