Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These wings are mild, but very tasty.
- 18 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Nu-salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- Remove Tips and Cut Wings In Half.
- Place all other ingredients in a shaker, mix well and shake to coat wings.
- Place wings on grill and grill until done.
I made changes to the recipe due to what I had on hand and dietary restrictions, but was more than happy with the result. I used 3/4 t. lower sodium seasoned salt in place of the nu salt and omitted the additional salt and was excited the recipe used splenda. I wasn't sure what the chicken seasoning was so didn't use it either. I found there was plenty of seasoning to coat 4 skinless chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks. ( I put it all in a gallon ziplock bag & shook it.) Instead of grilling, I baked in a 350 degree oven on a foil lined sheet for about an hour. The chicken has a wonderful flavor. The spices blend beautifully & resulted in meal I'd make again. I also mixed a half batch of the spices (no splenda) and used it to saute potato wedges and veggies for a side. Wonderful! Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2012. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)