Teriyaki Chicken Wings
These are great for a party because they aren't as juicy as typical teriyaki chicken wings. You can refrigerate these in a zip-loc bag and reheat in microwave. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs chicken wings, tips removed and split at joint
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Place chicken wings in a large shallow baking pan.
- Bring the remaining ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour marinade over wings and place in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and place on a jelly roll pan. Turn oven up to broil and brown wings until crispy, turning a couple of times.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Added some powdered ginger, dash of cayenne pepper, small can of pineapple juice with chunks, and some honey. Boiled for a few minutes. Coated chicken wings with flour, poured over wings in sheet pan and baked at 390 degrees for 40-50 minutes, turned wings every 12-15 minutes. Basically cooked until sauce thickened.
These were so yummy! The only modification I would make is related to the cooking. Next time, during the 1-1/2 hours of cooking, I will turn the wings a couple of times. Also, when I put the wings under the broiler, they turned black in about a minute. So I flipped them and broiled them only about one more minute. They did not crisp up but they were delicious!