Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can vary the spiciness of this dish by adding more chillies. I served this to visitors and it's now his favourite meal - she says he'd have it for every meal if she'd let him! So, I'm a very happy cooker. ;o) If you cook pasta on a rolling boil it is less likely to stick together - and it doesn't boil over - I don't know why! It just doesn't. My husband likes to pour EVOO and balsamic vinegar over his, but that's him!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200 g chorizo sausage
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced thinly
- 300 g pasta
- 200 g cheese
- Heat oil and fry onion until soft and translucent.
- Empty tin of tomatoes into saucepan and add cooked onion, chilli, tomato puree & chorizo.
- Bring to boil than simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Drain pasta.
- Add sauce to pasta and mix together well.
- Place in ovenproof dish and cover with the grated cheese.
- Bake in oven - Gas mark 6 - 200C (180C in fan oven) for 20 - 30 minutes depending on how crusty you like the cheese topping.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Im sorry I never rated this before, this was very easy to make and a great change to pasta night. We enjoyed it very much and will be making in this week again! Thanks!