Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I remember my Dad making sandwiches for the family with this tasty treat. He always used pumpernickel bread. When I make it now, I use lowfat mayo, he used rendered chicken fat.
- 4 eggs, hard cooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (I use red onions)
- 1 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise (or just enough to hold mixture together)
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of (optional)
- Chop the onions and eggs together until almost able to spread, but leave some texture.
- Add salt, pepper, mayo, and lemon. Blend.
- Cover and chill.
- Toast bread, slice tomato and assemble sandwiches.
This brought back memories My Mother would chop hard boiled eggs with some onion and add peanut oil and have it just like that!