Happy Harry #2's Note:
I remember my Dad making sandwiches for the family with this tasty treat. He always used pumpernickel bread. When I make it now, I use lowfat mayo, he used rendered chicken fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs, hard cooked
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (I use red onions)
- 1 tomato, very thinly sliced
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise (or just enough to hold mixture together)
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of (optional)
- 1Chop the onions and eggs together until almost able to spread, but leave some texture.
- 2Add salt, pepper, mayo, and lemon. Blend.
- 3Cover and chill.
- 4Toast bread, slice tomato and assemble sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chopped Eggs and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 484.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: