Recipe by chia
This is the only way I can get my spouse to eat zucchini!
Top Review by Kree
This bread is a chocaholic's dream come true! It's rich, chocolatey, and delicious! I usually eat quick breads for breakfast, but this one is more of a dessert, which is fine with me. I'll definitely be making this again.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla, mix well.
- In microwave melt 2 tbsp butter-add cocoa powder, mix well, and cool.
- Grate zucchini.
- Add zucchini and cocoa powder mix to the bowl, mix well.
- In another bowl add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
- Blend dry ingredients into the zucchini mix.
- Toss chocolate chips with 2 tsp flour (this will prevent them from sinking to the bottom), add to the mixture mix in chopped nuts.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Pour batter into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes in the pans, remove and cool on rack.