Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
This recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. It is delicious and healthy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; mix at low speed until well blended.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, stir well with whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until just moist.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes and remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Awesome! Super chocolatey and very moist, you'd never know this was lowfat or that it contained zucchini. The kids inhaled it! I use Penzey's cocoa which is richer than regular grocery store varieties, my bread was dark and chocolatey. Time was spot on. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Can't go wrong with Cooking Light!Reply
see 9 more