Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you like Butterfingers, or any other chocolate & peanut butter combo candy bar, you'll love these!
- 236.59 ml corn syrup
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml smooth peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml Rice Krispies
- 473.18 ml mini chocolate chips, divided
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with foil. Lightly spray the foil with vegetable spray.
- Mix sugar and corn syrup in 3 quart sauce pan until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well until melted.
- Add Rice Krispies, stirring until all are coated.
- Add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and stir to distribute throughout. (Don't worry if they melt).
- Press into pan. Sprinkle remaining cup of chocolate chips over the top and press down slightly.
- Cool. Lift foil out of pan and cut into squares.
- I have found a pizza cutter works great for cutting them.
Marg~oh where oh where has this magnificent treat been hiding all my life? This is perfect for two reasons~(well MORE then two) but right off the top, this tastes to me like a crunchy peanut butter cup. Secondly, I can make these totally vegan by substituting special dark chocolate and melting this in with the corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter. Oh this is over the top great. My son, Bryan (vegan) scarfed them down and there was a half of rice Krispie shell left in the bottom of the pan....I grabbed that before he could :D Thanks Marg, these were really terrific.
I made a double batch of these last night for a bake sale this morning. It started out a single batch...but DH LOVED these!! I also used regular choc chips (only thing on hand) Marg thank you for such an easy and wonderful recipe!! The $$$ earned goes towards Relay for Life and Breast Cancer Awareness. Thank you again!
These are great! I reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup and only use 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I also substitute a cup of cereal with a cup of quick cooking oats for a bit of whole grain! My whole family loves them.