Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a chocolate lover's dream pie! Hope you enjoy...I know we do! (chill time not included in prep time)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared 9 inch chocolate crumb crust
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream or 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (to garnish) (optional)
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Cool for ten minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- Add sour cream, sugar and vanilla and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Spread in crust and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat confectioner's sugar, cocoa and cream until stiff peaks form.
- Smooth evenly over pie, or pipe with a pastry bag fitted with star tip.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Karen, this pie is sinfully delicious. I made this for my BIL's surprise B-day dinner. He is a serious chocolate-lover. This pie is so creamy, with an a**-kicking chocolate flavor. I piped the topping and it looked so beautiful. BIL gave me a big ol' smooch. Thanks girl, you made our night.
This was the shining star of our Zaar Week Cookathon/4th of July celebration. You aren't kidding. The ultimate chocolate lover's dream. So rich and cool and just plain delicious. Thanks for helping to make our holiday special.
I used silken tofu in place of the sour cream with excellent results. Why not make it better for you when you can right? So delicious with a dollop of whip cream. Everyone was raving how much they loved this pie Karen! I am going to make it for Christmas, as it was so well received this time around!