This is a chocolate lover's dream pie! Hope you enjoy...I know we do! (chill time not included in prep time)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared 9 inch chocolate crumb crust
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream or 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (to garnish) (optional)
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Cool for ten minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- Add sour cream, sugar and vanilla and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Spread in crust and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat confectioner's sugar, cocoa and cream until stiff peaks form.
- Smooth evenly over pie, or pipe with a pastry bag fitted with star tip.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.