Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a chocolate lover's dream pie! Hope you enjoy...I know we do! (chill time not included in prep time)
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Karen, this pie is sinfully delicious. I made this for my BIL's surprise B-day dinner. He is a serious chocolate-lover. This pie is so creamy, with an a**-kicking chocolate flavor. I piped the topping and it looked so beautiful. BIL gave me a big ol' smooch. Thanks girl, you made our night.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared 9 inch chocolate crumb crust
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream or 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Cool for ten minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- Add sour cream, sugar and vanilla and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Spread in crust and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat confectioner's sugar, cocoa and cream until stiff peaks form.
- Smooth evenly over pie, or pipe with a pastry bag fitted with star tip.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.