Chocolate Lover's Dream Cake
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box fudge cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 350degrees. Generously spray a 12 cup fluted tube cake pan(bundt) with baking spray with flour. In a large bowl mix cake mix, chocolate milk, butter, eggs, sour cream and dry pudding mix with a spoon until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and then spoon the batter into the pan. The batter will be very thick.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn it out onto a heatproof serving platter or onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- In a 3 quart saucepan heat the glaze ingredients over low heat. Stir frequently until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Drizzle the warm glaze over the cake. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Lots & lots of it! It was an absolute pleasure making this cake, almost as great a pleasure as it was eating it, & believe me, the 2 of us had a hard time sharing this with anyone else! I followed the recipe right on down & have no intention of changing a thing the next time I make it! A wonderful keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
What a delicious pudding cake! Extremely moist and dense and tons of chocolate flavor. Made today for DH's birthday (he's a chocoholic). We really enjoyed it. Next time I will add some chopped pecans for a little crunch. This took 75 minutes to bake, but probably my oven is off. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Definitely a very rich and chocolaty cake, yum!!! I made this exactly as written with the exception of using plain 2% milk. I must have missed a spot when spraying the pan with Pam and a small area stuck on the inside, so I did sample the cake. I plan to serve this for dessert tonite, along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I also am planning to freeze half of the cake, too much for us at one time. Thanks for sharing this wonderful rich and moist cake!! Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a stay at home mom with 5 wonderful children. When I have time I love to scrapbook and journal. I also crochet and do cross-stitch and enjoy reading my Bible. Sometimes I am all into trying new things then other times I only want old standbys. I like to get veggies into my picky kids by sneaking them in where they were not expecting them. I've learned that its improtant to try new things 2 or 3 times before you can really consider it rejected. Sometimes the second time you offer it to them they will scarf it down, when the first time they barely got down the mandatory taste bite. Go figure.</p> 8725182"