Recipe by Cheryl E
Chocolate Mousse with a twist
Top Review by scarltt32_8048758
ok, call me stupid, but I am not a stranger to the kitchen, nor am I a horrible cook who cant follow a recipe, but this just didn't work out right for me (so far) still waiting for the chilling period to end to see if it taste ok... the mixing of the first two ingredients was a total disaster. It clumped up and seemed to be a dry paste that would not smooth out even over simmering pot of water. So when I finished the mixing of all ingredients, and put in a pastry bag to squeeze into cordial cups, big hunks of chocolate plugged up the bag and would squirt out in clumps, it was horrible. Nothing like spooning clumps of chocolate out of your mousse..ughh... Not impressed, sorry!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl beat with mixer egg yolks and sugar until thick and a pale lemon color.
- Beat in cocoa.
- Place bowl over saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Beat 5-minutes or until mixture darkens and beaters leave a trail.
- Remove from heat and stir in liqueur, set aside.
- In a separate bowl whip cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the whipped cream into cocoa mixture to lighten it.
- Gently fold remaining whipped cream into cocoa mixture until well combined.
- Divide among 6 small decorative ramekin dishes.
- Chill 1-2 hours before serving.