Extreme Kahlua Chocolate Mousse
It doesn’t get much better’n this. Besides being remarkably easy to make (thanks to the crockpot), once chilled, this food from the Gods becomes super dense, like the center of an incredible chocolate bon bon. Take a bite and you will go, “mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.” Make small servings as this is *rich*. Found at worththewisk.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 42mins
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a 4 quart crockpot, stir together the cream, yolks, sugar, coffee, Kahlua and vanilla extract until well blended, but don’t whip.
- Stir in chocolate chips, cook on LOW for 1 hour, 45 minutes or until surface has small bubbles and chocolate is melted.
- Carefully pour the hot liquid into a blender and blend on high until it expands to 5 or 6 cups.
- Pour into a pyrex bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours.
- To serve, scoop into serving dishes.
- Makes 6 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Hello! I was going to write a review, but then I saw this Q & A section. How long does this need to be spun in the blender for in order to get fluffy? I probably gave it a good 5 minutes, with a few checks, and it never puffed up more than what it was originally. You'd think if it was supposed to spin for 10 minutes or 30 minutes, the recipe would say so. The flavor was great, but it was not fluffy like a mousse. Mine is thick like fudge, maybe slightly softer. Any ideas? Was other people's mousse not fluffy either?
Made for "Food of the Aztecs - Zaar World Tour 8" Om Nom NOM! I don't think I blended or chilled this for long enough due to having a 3 hour power outage today, but it was still. amazingly delicious. I served it up in large bowls and we could only get through a few mouthfuls as it is extremely decadent! I will definatley make this again, but I will serve in shot glasses instead.<br/><br/>Thank you for such an amazing recipe mom.<br/><br/>Ok so I let it set for two days, thickened up just fine. (first chance I had to eat it since weekend). So its a winner set or unset.