My MIL gave me this recipe, she got it from her SIL, it is delicious. She makes it for all our family get togethers.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour 2 8" cake pans.
- Prepare mix as directed.
- Bake cake in prepared pans.
- Mix pudding according to directions, except use, 3 cups milk, and 1/2 cup Kahlua.
- In a large deep bowl (I have a special glass bowl that is flat on the bottom that I use) place one half of cake.
- Pour half of pudding over cake.
- Top with half of Cool Whip.
- Then add second cake and top with pudding and Cool Whip.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Anyone that knows me knows that I don't drink but when it comes to cooking....well.... I loved this! It was simple to prepare and,I think,turned out very pretty. I cubed the cakes so that they would fit into my trifle dish. I also tinted the Cool Whip in Fall orange that Aunt Paula sent to me. I can't wait to make this again to take to a party! Thanks so much for posting!! :)Reply
This is a very good cake! It really looks festive when you put it in a glass bowl. I used a Swiss Chocolate cake mix because this is what I had in the cabinet and borrowed some kahlua from the neighbors! I carried them half of the cake and needless to say they were glad to reap the benefits of giving me the kahlua! They have offered me their kahlua any time I want to make this cake! Thanks Aunt Paula! Pick a Chef 2004!!!Reply
see 1 more