Low Fat Chocolate Kahlua Cake
A boxed cake mix turned into something extraordinary! No one will know it started with a cake mix, and how low in fat it is.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Beat with mixer for 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This cake was YUMMY!!!! I modified mine a tiny -- took out the chocolate chips and added a topping of more kahlua & powdered sugar. I also cooked mine in a bundt pan. I took this to a party and every single person loved it and asked for the recipe. You would never know this was a low fat recipe by tasting it! Wonderful texture and taste. I will be making this a LOT!
This was delicious! I made this for my math department midyear-exam luncheon and everyone loved it. Very moist and the kahlua added a nice bit of flavor. I used egg substitute instead of the egg/egg white combination (3/4 cup), regular instant chocolate pudding (my body doesn't tolerate artificial sweeteners) and about 1/2 cup chips (1/3 seemed a bit skimpy!). I will make this again and many friends now want the recipe!