Recipe by Mirj
I subscribed to a food blog called Slashfood, which featured this recipe recently. Of course, I just had to go and make it. It satisfies on so many levels, you can't even begin to count them!
Top Review by bmcnichol
Was looking for something different and came across this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I didn't add the chocolate. I also "greased" my pan with cooking spray instead of more butter. I used mini marshmallows instead of the large as that is what I had on hand. I used natural peanut butter as that is what I buy.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, plus more
- unsalted butter, for greasing the dish
- 10 ounces large marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large pot.
- Stir in the marshmallows and cook until fully melted and no marshmallow white remains.
- Stir in the peanut butter until combined.
- Stir in the cereal until distributed evenly through the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour out onto a lightly greased rectangular baking dish (9 by 13 inches).
- Smooth out the top of the treats by moistening your hands with a little water and using the palms of your hand to press down gently. Don't press down too hard or else your treats will be too dense.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once the treats have cooled, melt the chocolate over low heat.
- Cut the treats into even squares and quickly just shallowly dip the top side of the treats into the chocolate.
- Turn chocolate side up and set in a baking dish or on a rack until set.