Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats With Chocolate Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 ounces hershey's milk chocolate chips
- Heat the sugar, corn syrup and butter until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Press the mixture into the chilled 13 x 9 pan. Spread chocolate frosting on top. Chill in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread on the bars immediately. I use the double boiler method for melting.
Join The Conversation
I put on Recee's Peanut Butter chips and put it in the oven under a broiler for a short time and then spread it with a fork. I have lots of young kids and not so young kids that want them. it is my signature recipe. I try to give the recipe to their wives, but they say it's not the same!! I make them without the caro syrup and put in Adams Old Fashioned Peanut butter. Also use a fork to make lines in the topping.
This is the way I like my rice krispies. I suppose this is a scotcharoo recipe without the butterscotch, which is ok by me. I grew up on the plain marshmallow version, but have come to prefer these. I also add a teaspoon of vanilla with the peanut butter and instead of melting the chocolate separately I dump the chips over the warm rice krispies and put them in a warm oven for a minute or two and then use a spatula to spread.