24 hrs 15 mins
It's a lot of work, but boy is it worth it. This is a dessert sure to impress the boss or whoever you have over for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut circle of parchment paper to fit 8-inch round cake pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Combine chocolate and butter in top of double boiler.
- 4Set over gently simmering water and stir until melted and smooth.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- 7Wipe out top of double boiler (you'll be using it again).
- 8Combine eggs and sugar in top of double boiler.
- 9Set over gently simmering water and whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture darkens and is barely warm to the touch.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Beat at high speed with electric mixer until eggs have tripled in volume and are consistency of lightly whipped cream, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 12Gently fold in flour.
- 13Carefully stir 1/3 of egg mixture into chocolate to loosen, then fold chocolate into remaining egg mixture until thoroughly combined.
- 14Turn into prepared pan.
- 15Bake until cake is soft in center but crusty on top, about 15 minutes.
- 16Let cool completely in pan, then freeze overnight.
- 17(Cake can be kept in freezer up to one month before serving.) About 1 hour before serving, whip cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- 18Invert cake onto serving platter.
- 19(Spinning pan briefly over high heat will help loosen cake from pan.) Spread 2/3 of whipped cream over top.
- 20Mound chocolate curls in center.
- 21Pipe rosettes around edge of cake using remaining whipped cream.
- 22Refrigerate until about 15 minutes before serving.
- 23Pass raspberry puree separately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Decadence
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.9
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 35.0 g
- Cholesterol 212.9 mg
- Sodium 69.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g