Low Fat, Low Cholesterol Chocolate Cake/Cupcakes
photo by DuChick
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix (or regular vanilla)
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite
- Mix cake mix, pumpkin, water and cinnamon until well blended.
- Batter will be thick.
- Pour into a 9x13 GREASED pan, or cupcake liners.
- Bake 350°F for 40 minute for a 9x13 or 20 minute for cupcakes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix pudding with milk, then blend in cool whip.
- Frost when cake is cool.
- Keep refrigerated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved this! My husband is watching his cholesterol, so I made this as his birthday cake. I made it exactly as written with no changes or substitutions. I made 2 8 inch layers and it took about 25 minutes to cook. When it was cooling, it looked really dry so I wasn't expecting it to be too good. It is delicious! The cake is super moist, and has a ton of flavor. I did not tast the cinnamon in it. My only complaint is that my frosting was very soft, even after chilling. I used the white chocolate pudding mix and garnished with fresh raspberries. I will make this again!
see 10 more reviews