Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake is easy, moist and delicious! Everyone loves this cake!
- 1 butter recipe cake mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 1⁄2 ounces French vanilla instant pudding
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (I think the original recipe calls for only 6 oz. of chocolate chips, but we like a lot!)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Combine and mix well first 5 ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour in prepared bundt pan.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until done. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate, and cool completely.
I made the recipe exactly as posted, and it was great. I served it on Super Bowl Sunday, as a finale to the feast before. It is not too heavy, and makes the perfect ending to a big meal.
N I C E alternative to "homemade" pound cake. I've made it twice now and yes, you can use almost the whole bag of c.chips and it's not too much. Also, I was concerned about so much dry sugar and cinnamon on top (the way the recipe suggests) but it turns into a nice crunchy topping. I REALLY liked that! I'll be using this recipe again. THANKS!
I took this to a club meeting, and it got rave reviews. I made it exactly according to the recipe. It's very moist, where some pound cakes can be a bit dry. A great recipe!!