Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour three 1 pound size coffee cans, or three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs.
- Beat until smooth.
- Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Fill cans 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks before removing from cans or pans.
Made this in the Winter and forgot to rate it. Wonderful! Just found a can of pumpkin and had a rainy bake day here! Makes three disposable loaf pans for me. I do sub 2 Tblsps Pumpkin Pie spice for the cinnamon and nutmeg. Awesome! Thanks for posting!
This bread is SO GOOD! I make it every year!
Made this recipe for the office and family, everyone thought it was GREAT!!! Recipe made a lot of loaves. I did not and would not change a thing on recipe. Thanks!