Top Review by RepoGuysWife
Made this in the Winter and forgot to rate it. Wonderful! Just found a can of pumpkin and had a rainy bake day here! Makes three disposable loaf pans for me. I do sub 2 Tblsps Pumpkin Pie spice for the cinnamon and nutmeg. Awesome! Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour three 1 pound size coffee cans, or three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs.
- Beat until smooth.
- Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Fill cans 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks before removing from cans or pans.