Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
OMG! Chocolate and cranberries - who would have known this was a mix made in heaven???!! Adapted from a recipe from 125 Best Chocolate Chip recipes. You can also use frozen cranberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, coarsely chop cranberries.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, oil, orange zest and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, just until combined. Fold in chopped cranberries and chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined (with paper liners) muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Love this recipe! Followed recipe in full, also followed it in full to make mini muffins which worked really well aside of halving the cooking time. These are yummy!
AWESOME!!!!! I made a double batch and boy am I glad I did,these are fantastic. I got 6 jumbo,12 regular and 18 mini muffins. Nice and moist and the flavors blend wonderfully. Thanks for sharing, this is a keeper.
Ok, I used 2 cups whole wheat flour instead of the white flour, substituted 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce for the oil, and used chocolate-covered dried cranberries from Trader Joe's that had been sitting patiently in my pantry. I used the zest of one whole, medium-sized orange, and...get this... I TOTALLY forgot the sugar! I realized this after about one minute of baking, so I pulled them out of the oven, paused the timer, and drizzled each muffin with about 1/2 tsp of locally-produced delicious honey in hopes of saving them, and they turned out AWESOME!!!! I can't imagine them with an entire cup of sugar. Can't wait for my husband and kids to try them later!