Recipe by Redsie
OMG! Chocolate and cranberries - who would have known this was a mix made in heaven???!! Adapted from a recipe from 125 Best Chocolate Chip recipes. You can also use frozen cranberries.
Top Review by Kate4joy
Love these muffins! With the exception of subbing the oil for coconut oil and extra zest, I made it exactly as described. Tart, with just enough sweetness. I also noted they were a bit pale and added a glaze of O.J. and 10X sugar. My minis will be served at an upcoming seminar I'm leading. Sure to be a winner...thank you!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, coarsely chop cranberries.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, oil, orange zest and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, just until combined. Fold in chopped cranberries and chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined (with paper liners) muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.