Bakery Style Cranberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
photo by MDMama
- Ready In:
6 Jumbo muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries (chopped, fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate and cranberries.
- Divide among muffin cups.
- Top with cinnamon sugar and/or sanding sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. This can potentially be as little as 15 minutes for small muffins, up to 30 minutes for jumbo muffins with frozen cranberries.
- Let cool slightly, then cool completely on a rack. Best served the day they are baked, but freeze well also.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!