White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
I came up with this recipe one day when searching a nice way to use up some leftover cranberries. I think the white chocolate goes great with the fruit and also gives the muffins a very special texture.
- Ready In:
- 280 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 100 g sugar
- 80 ml oil
- 250 ml milk
- 100 g white chocolate (chopped)
- 200 g cranberries (I used canned ones)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line a muffin pan.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, white chocolate and the spices.
- In a second bowl beat the egg. Add sugar, oil and milk and blend in well.
- Give the flour mixture to the egg mixture; add the cranberries and blend in only until a smooth dough has formed (do not overmix because otherwise the muffins will turn out gooey).
- Pour into the muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Lovely combination of the cranberry and white chocolate. A great morning (or afternoon, or night) treat! Just for my personal tastes I would have preferred a tad more sugar. Also, make sure to store these in an airtight container. They bake soft and moist and perfect but will dry out overnight if you don't.Reply
WOW! The muffins were delicious!<br/>I prepared them for the Valentine's day one day in advance, wrapped with plastic foil and kept in a fresh place. They were soft, moist, tasty, not to fat and we loved the spices in them a lot!<br/><br/>I added some coarse sugar on the top.<br/>A perfect recipe a real keeper!Reply
see 9 more