This is light and creamy. Really good. Cooking times do not include chilling times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- chocolate curls (to garnish)
- 1Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- 2For the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- 3Chop the chocolate, then grind in food processor or blender. Set aside.
- 4Place the milk in top of a double boiler or heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- 5Set the top of the double broiler or heatproof bowl over hot water. Add 1/3 cup of sugar, the chocolate and egg yolks. Stir until dissolved. Add the vanilla extract.
- 6Set the top of the double boiler in a bowl of ice and stir until mixture reaches room temperature Remove from the ice and set aside.
- 7Whip the cream lightly. Set aside. With electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar and beat only enough to blend.
- 8Fold a dollop of egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then pour back into the whites and fold in gently.
- 9Fold in the whipped cream and pour into the pastry crust. Put in freezer until just set, about 5 minutes. If the center sinks, fill with any remaining mixture. Chill for 3-4 hours. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chiffon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.4
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 230.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g