Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tastes like chocolate covered cherries. Got this recipe from a co-worker who is also a cookbook recipe clipper fiend. Rich, gooey and chocolate. Great topped with vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degree oven.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 pan, I use cooking spray.
- Place cherries in pan.
- In a large bowl combine brownie mix, water, egg and oil.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread over the cherries.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out with moist crumbs.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream or cool whip.
This is so good and gooey and so very, very easy. I use 2 cans cherry pie filling and 1 can of regular cherries. It tastes like you worked really hard, but you don't have to!
We used canned cherries and this came out terrific!
Used the spirit of this with a jar of 300 grams of cherries on the bottom of the pan, and Kree's Antidpressant Brownie Recipe--1/2 recipe-- from Zaar, with the cherry juice substituted for the water in the recipe poured over the cherries on the bottom of the pan. If you added a scoop of ice cream or some creme anglaise, you could serve this to company. Nice lukewarm.