Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
very good, very moist.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate fudge cake
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- combine cake mix,pie filling,extract, and eggs.
- Mix by hand and spread on jelly roll pan or 13 x 9 pan
- Bake at 350 Until done in middle (25-35 minutes).
- combine sugar,butter and milk,stir over low heat.
- Bring to boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Cool then frost.
I made this one this weekend and it was wonderful!! Because I wanted more of a bar than a cake (see PatD's review) I used a Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix. We were out of almond extract so I omitted it (good excuse to make them again - must do it right to be fair you know
Delicious! I made it as a Valentine's treat for my boyfriend who LOVES chocolate and cherries. It was a big hit! And very easy. I think I earned extra points for making the icing (as described here) from scratch - I'll be using that alone for other recipes, too! <br/>I was a little unclear if I was supposed to add the other ingredients that the chocolate fudge cake mix box called for. Reading this recipe, it didn't seem like I was supposed to, but using just the egg and the mix and the cherries seemed like an awfully dry mixture, so I added a little water and all was fine.
This cake is absolutely scruptious and so easy to make. I made it according to the recipe shown and baked it in a bundt pan. It turned out beautiful and tasted great. Several in the group I made it for said it was the best cake they'd ever tasted. Thanks for sharing! This one is a keeper. (I also made it w/yellow cake mix and apple pie filling - still good but the chocolate is best).