Cherry Chocolate Cake
photo by aur3lia84
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and cherry fruit filling; blend well.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake 25 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Frost after cooling with the following.
- Combine sugar, butter and milk in small pan; bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in chocolate pieces until melted and smooth.
- Spread on cake. Yummy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this using a chocolate fudge cake mix and cherry filling. I used ganache instead of icing. I also made a white cake mix with blueberries and topped it with a cream cheese icing. I served them at a funeral dinner and they were well received. The blueberry turned out to be an odd color, but blueberry lovers didn't seem to care. Many came back looking for it. This was very easy and tasty. I'm making it again. Thanks, Tonkcats, for sharing this recipe.
see 10 more reviews