Butternut Squash Cheesecake Bars (Gluten-Free)
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 -12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/8 tsp ground allspice 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg)
- 3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Steam diced butternut squash until soft.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Press the crust onto the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch pan. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add cream cheese and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until the eggs are blended.
- Add steamed butternut squash and pumpkin pie spice and beat again until blended.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the door a jar for 1 hour. I usually place a kitchen towel to keep the door open slightly.
- When the cheesecake has cooled down, refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional), infuse love and slice the cheesecake into 9 square bars.
- Serve with nuts and whipped cream (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!