Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This cake is very moist, so don't bake until dried out and burnt.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- powdered sugar
- Sift together flour, cocoa, soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar, eggs and vanilla until well-mixed. Add cream cheese, beating until smooth.
- Add flour misture, beating until well-mixed.
- Stir in cherry pie filling, chocolate chips, raisins, and almonds.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Let cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.